Thursday, May 2, 2013

No such thing as a lazy summer.

In February, I announced the release of two books this year; one was Future Past, my first fantasy novel, and the next would be a non-fiction writing prompt book. I'm canceling the release of the prompt book for now. I'm going to reset the release for sometime next year.

The thing is, I've been extremely busy lately. Between my regular work, work at the store, and school, the only writing I've done is editing Future Past and writing the prompt book. I still have to form the map for Future Past and the cover shoot is scheduled for the second week of June. I really want to put what I have into the release of this book. Plus, I want to get back to doing what I love, which is writing fiction. I have many ideas teetering around in my brain and I'm getting antsy because I haven't written anything new since I finished "Purpose of Pain".

Scratch that: Want isn't the right word. I need to write new fiction. It seems to be the only thing that soothes me and keeps my mind at ease.

I have many things in store for this summer. Beyond the release of my second novel, I'm putting my short stories, which have been exclusively in digital format, into print collections by genre. I don't necessarily believe that I'll have as many print sales as digital but I will be doing several signing events starting next year and it helps to have a variety of books, I think.

In the meantime, I'll be chugging along as usual. You keep chugging along with yours.

Peace, love, and happy writing,

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment